Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running in the Rain!





What a grand Tuesday "new" I had! Singin' in the Rain? Been there, done that. Running in the rain? Bring it on!

I had been planning to do this new for a while now, but it just had to be perfect timing. Well tonight was perfect! I was in the process of cleaning my room and I was going to finish my tree finally, when it started raining super hard! Well this is just perfect! I haven't run in a while and it's just perfect weather!



I know what you're thinking, "You've never run in the rain before? Everyone's run in the rain! Just to get out of it!" Well just hold your horses for a second. Yes, throughout my whole life span, I have before run in the rain; but I have never specifically went out into the rain to go for a run. See? Do you get it now?

I still wanted to listen to my iPod too though, so I put it in a little plastic baggy so it wouldn't get wet. I know, I'm so smart:) I don't need college.


Anyways, so I did a little stretch and off I went! All I was running was down Timberlake to the Koffee Cup place. It wasn't very far. I felt amazing though! I don't know what it was, the rain just made it all so good! So much better then normal. It made me want to go as fast as I could possibly go. And what made it even more of an adventure was how dark it was. I started running at 9 in the P.M. And where I was running there weren't many street lights, so I basically stayed in the grass so I wouldn't get hit, and I ran through a LOT of puddles.

The whole run was just wild! From the rain, to the puddles, to the cars flying at me, to the music, to the darkness; all of the elements just fused together to create the ultimate experience!

I am now planning on going for a run every time it storms, no matter what I am doing. Have I gotten you excited about going for a run at all? Even when it's nice and dry? You should give it a try! It'll work wonders for you;)

John 20:4
Both of them were running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment